Saturday, August 13, 2011

So It Begins

Finally getting around to starting my ass a blog. Cus..y'know.. Why not? Need to record my progress somewhere amirite? That being said, the look of it will probably change (dear god I hope it changes) as time goes on and I figure more out about the blogging tools, but frankly there are more important things to work on =D

I'll try to stick to posting at least once a week, maybe more.

So. A bit about me.

I'd like to call myself an artist, and while I have gotten some paid freelance work, I don't think it's good enough to really call myself an artist. I'm a student, an aspiring artist.

I'm 27, which is way too old for my skill level, but still young enough to get better, such what it is. I live at home with my fiancee, who's a vet (the animal kind, not the war kind). That's part of the reason we have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 lizards, a snake, and a rabbit. A plethora of pets.

I recently joined TAD (theartdepartment.org) and can already tell it's going to push me to improve so quickly. Would love to have gone full-time, but it wasn't in the cards this term - hopefully next term.

I'm currently enrolled in Figure 1, Linear Perspective, and Composition & Color 1. Figure I'd start with some classes that are immediately applicable to what I'm trying to improve on RIGHT NAOW - though after hearing about the classes I'm not taking right now... I'm stoked to get in on them next term =D

Will post some pics here and there, and likely on my DA and CA.org sketchbook as well. No idea what I'll keep updated the best...

So here we go! The journey begins. No more excuses. Time to step up and become one of the best.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201011
http://seejimart.deviantart.com/

1 comment: